[Mplayer-dvb] divx performances

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Mon Feb 10 00:38:02 CET 2003

Hi. I had serious performance problems due to the fact my dvb card was
NOT connected to an antenna (they're working on my roof).

Now I solved it so there is not such a kdvb-fe process consuming a huge
amount of cpu power.

I still have problems with performances however. I was said that a
medium powerful machine (let's say 800MHz duron) was enough to watch
mpeg4 over dvb card.

I'm now experimenting with an Athlon 2000+ and I still get many little
slowdowns on "scrolling camera" or fast-zoomed scenes. I use full pal
mpeg4s, encoded from dvd by mencoder itself.

I'm using cvs version of mplayer; top reports a cpu usage of about
40-50%, but I think this is much higher in complex scenes.

Any hint? I've also used linux 2.4.20 with the preempt patch.

bye, thank you
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver