[Mplayer-dvb] low quality output - osd screen?

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Sat Feb 8 11:25:15 CET 2003

Hi. It's the first time I use a DVB card with mplayer. I'm using an
athlon 2000+ with 1GB memory etc etc. and mplayer rc3.

With VDR's DVB drivers mplayer compiles but can't output anything. With
today's cvs newstruct drivers it works; however, if I play a dvd:

mplayer -vo mpegpes -dvd-device /video/lotr -dvd 1

the result is ok: very smooth, hi quality output. There is a (kernel)
process that sucks 30% cpu however.

When I play an ogm with an mpeg4 video stream, I still have such a
process with 30% cpu and mplayer with 40/50% cpu. I expected it to be a
bit less. The output, especially in scenes with much movements, stops
and restarts quickly.

Another issue, I can't display subtitles (I have them in dvd format,
when I play with -vo xv they're shown automatically without problems)

I thought a duron 1300 processor would have benne enough to replay mpeg4
through dvb card; now I'm using an athlon 2000+ and it's still not
enough... any hints? perhaps a previous version of the dvb drivers?

thank you
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver