[Mplayer-dvb] 00x.vdr files

Andreas Lange andreas.lange at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Sun Dec 21 21:54:20 CET 2003

tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there an elegant procedure to merge 00x.vdr files that compose one
> movie in one for encoding with mencoder.

I don't know what you consider elegant, but I usually put them together
with cat: cat *.vdr > movie.vdr

> Does one make that before encoding, after encoding, during encoding?

That should be done before encoding, because mencoder doesn't like
multiple input files.
You could feed mencoder's standard input during encoding: cat *.vdr |
mencoder -options -
but that is not recommended because you lose some data from the
beginning until mencoder
has recognized the stream.