[Mplayer-dvb] Announcement: 2divx 1.5.7 is out

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Sat Sep 21 00:26:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

my new version 1.5.7 (stable release) of the 2divx scripts are ready for
download at : http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/2divx/2divx157.tar.gz

This time there aren't that much changes in functionality compared to the
1.5.6beta series:

+Added necessary lame options for current cvs of mencoder
+Changed output filename to contain bitrate and codec info in brackets (looks
better this way)
+Clean up of the script code (deleted some old comments and stuff ...)
+a lot more tested ;-) (see below)

However this version _is_ tested with todays (20.09.2002) cvs of
mplayer/mencoder and todays cvs of ffmpeg and it does work  ;-)!
Older versions might not work correctly with my script !
So please use mencoder and ffmpeg from cvs >= 20.09.2002 !
I have tested both encoding to lavc and to xvid - and both work without
creating huge files and stuff ... So, i encourage everyone having problems
with older versions of my script, to use this one with new versions of
mencoder and ffmpeg !

That's why i chose 1.5.7 as version number ...

Have fun with this new version and feel free to report bugs, problems and
suggestions !

Martin.