[Mplayer-dvb] Re: Problems with 30fps MPEGs

bernd_muc at gmx.de bernd_muc at gmx.de
Mon May 6 17:31:02 CEST 2002

At 15:24 06.05.2002 +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > 1. I looked in the latest MPlayer release but couldn't find anything
> >     referring to fps in vo_mpegpes.c (anymore)
>
>it's in vf_fame.c and vf_lavc.c now

Thanks. :-)  Works perfect now - no problem with asynchronous sound anymore.

So now the question remains of how to start the right binary (mplayer25 or
mplayer30) depending on the frame rate from vdr with the mplayer patch. I
guess I'll just use a workaround, e.g. adding it to the file name such as
abc.ntsc.avi .

Btw - is there a little tool to get an avi file's information (resolution,
fps)?

> > 2. If it's not a problem of the DVB cards - i.e. the DVB cards can
> >     replay 30 fps - would it be possible to figure out the fps of a
> >     video and set this accordingly at runtime?
>
>unless you have special TV which supports _both_ PAL and NTSC, it's
>worse than playing everything at PAL (25fps)

Well, lots of newer TV sets support multiple standards so maybe you could
make it an option for configure or make, something like
--videoformats=PAL,NTSC (of course set PAL as default :-). Hmmm - but then
there's that scaling problem again...

So I guess all I need is that little tool that reads the avi information.

Bernd