[Mplayer-dvb] Re: Problems with 30fps MPEGs

bernd_muc at gmx.de bernd_muc at gmx.de
Mon May 6 15:06:46 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'd like to revisit this problem that was posted 13th March.

At 16:56 13.04.2002 +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > I'm experiencing problems when playing MPEG files through my
> > WinDVB-s. Sound is broken if I play it with
> >
> > mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes
> >
> > There are stutters and strange noises overlapped.
> >
> > Or if I let oss do the sound output it get's increasingly (with playtime)
> > out if sync with video.
> >
> > Maybe this is a known problem, at least there is somethin mentioned
> > about "bad" support of non 25fps files in the documentation/homepage.
>
>currently only 24 and 25fps videos supported. for 30fps, try to use -ao oss
>_and_ -framedrop, and maybe you also need -delay to fix a-v sync. or, do you
>have ntsc TV ? then change fps value in vo_mpegpes.c file and recompile,
>may help

1. I looked in the latest MPlayer release but couldn't find anything
    referring to fps in vo_mpegpes.c (anymore)

2. If it's not a problem of the DVB cards - i.e. the DVB cards can
    replay 30 fps - would it be possible to figure out the fps of a
    video and set this accordingly at runtime?
    If a runtime solution is not possible, how about creating two
    binaries (e.g. mplayer25 and mplayer30) and switch between these
    depending on the video (e.g. from a script - but how do I get to
    the video's information first to figure out which binary to call)?

Regards,
            Bernd