[Mplayer-dvb] Problem with input.conf

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Wed Mar 6 01:09:37 CET 2002

Hello Martin,

* Martin Hoffmann <ma.hoff at t-online.de> [05-03-02 21:59]:
> I had the same here on my machine and it seemed to be caused by calling
> mplayer with </dev/zero which was invented to use mplayer as background
> process (needed for vdr)...
> Ommitting </dev/zero cured the mplayer message - but consequently it again
> refused to play as background process :-(
> As i hadn't had enough time to further invent this i went back to mplayer-cvs
> from end of january which works fine for me (poor solution, i know ;-)

I start mplayer with the foloowing file(mplayer.sh):
--- snip ---
#!/bin/bash
#
# This script is called from VDR to start MPlayer
#
# argument 1: the file to play

# where to find mplayer
MPLAYER="mplayer"
# mplayer options, -vc will be added below
# add "-lircconf <lircrc>" to enable LIRC support
OPTS="-cache 2048 -framedrop -vo mpegpes -lircconf /video0/mplayer_lirc"

#####################

FILE=$1
type=file "$FILE"
case "$type" in
*AVI*)
#  OPTS2="-vc ffdivx"
  OPTS2="-vfm 5 -ao mpegpes"
  #  OPTS2="-vc odivx -ao mpegpes"
    ;;
    *MPEG*)
      OPTS2="-vfm 5 -vc mpegpes -ao mpegpes"
        ;;
	*RIFF*)
	  OPTS2="-vfm 5 -ao mpegpes"
	    ;;
	    *data*)
	      OPTS2="-vfm 5"
	        ;;
		*)
		  echo "Unknown video file format $type"
		    echo "Edit mplayer.sh to support this file type"
		      exit 1
		        ;;
			esac

			#exec $MPLAYER $OPTS -vc $VC "$FILE"
</dev/zero >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

exec $MPLAYER $OPTS $OPTS2 "$FILE" </dev/zero
#echo $MPLAYER $OPTS $OPTS2 "$FILE" </dev/zero
--- snap ---

Oh i hate it, while copy and paste the format has been destroyed.

in the /video0/mplayer_lirc stand:
--- snip ---
begin
        remote = Hauppauge
	        prog = mplayer_lirc
		        button = Ok
			        repeat = 1
				        config = PAUSE
					end

And so on.

I have written this block for every button, i everyone want this file,
just say it to me.

Is it possible to write attachments to this list?

--
Bye
Matthias