[Mplayer-dvb] How to use mencoder?

Matthias Weingart matthias at pentax.boerde.de
Fri Jun 7 23:07:38 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:10:01PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 05:17:34PM +0200, Matthias Weingart wrote:
>
> > Same problem here, add "-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4"
>
> Great, it's working: I just wonder why that's not mentionned in the
> documentation.html?

It seems to be new, and it is hard to keep 2 different docs up to date
(html AND manpage), but I am happy that there is documentation - this
is not the normal case with GPL soft :-)

> Strsngely, mencoder hangs my computer after a few minutes, I don't know
> why???

CPU too hot? (you should install www.lmsensors.nu)

I have another problem. A divx produced by mencoder can not be played by
the windoze DivxPlayer 2.0 alpha (from www.divx.com). (but mencoder
is using their encoder - strange).

        Matthias