[Mplayer-dvb] Can you help a newbie with DXR3 + Siemens DVB + DVD Creative 6x24x?

Andreas Lange andreas.lange at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 16 13:00:03 CEST 2002

>>I bought some hardware like:
>>1 - DXR3 Card
>>2 - Siemens WinTV DVB
>>3 - Creative DVD-Rom 6x24x
>>
>>I would like to use mplayer to play my DVD Movies on the DXR3 while my
>>Siemens DVB is recording to HDD.
>>In windows you have to make region-free both the DVD player AND the DXR3
>>card (otherwise you have only 5 region changes possible).
>>Is the same for Linux with MPlayer SW?
>>

>huh?
>there is no region code shit under linux...

Hi,
there's no problems in linux, but if your dvd-rom is new, it will most
likely
allow only 5 changes in the region code until it only accepts only disks
of the last
inserted region. The Creative 6x drive sounds rather old, so it's
probably ok,
in case it isn't you would first have to patch the firmware
(can be found in several places like http://www.firmware.fr.st) to get a
properly working drive.

bye,
Andreas Lange