[Mplayer-dvb] Future Plans ????

Thomas Mohr tom23 at web.de
Fri Feb 8 20:12:17 CET 2002

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> well, I use a AMD XP 1800+ with 256 MB DDR and a Matrox G100 (8MB) (!!)
> My CPU usage is between 40-60 % while replaying a full size (720x576)
> DivX movie (eg. a transcoded VDR-recording from Mencoder).

Well, your processor is minimum 3 times as fast as mine :-(

> for replay my commandline is:
>
> exec mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -y 288 -vfm 5 $File* </dev/zero
>
> Hope this is what you wanted to read.

I miss the magic flag, which gets thes stuff working here as well :-)

At least i know that you don't use special arguments like -cache. So i
will need to investigate how to transcode a DivX recording offline into
MPEG2. From the Docs directory i got the information that mencoder is
not able yet to do this, but maybe i should just try.

Thanks,
  - Thomas

--
Thomas Mohr - Th.Mohr at gmx.net