[Mplayer-dvb] fast transcoding?

Joern Raffel joern at raffel.de
Fri Aug 9 11:49:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:42:49AM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:54:14AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
>
> > > would it really be possible without tons of work to use the DVB card to
> > > make the mpeg2 decoding?
> > hmm? it does do the decoding of mpeg2 too, now
>
> Oh??? Great, how does that work?
> I have always VDR running, so that prevent mencoder to use the DVB card
> for the transcoding, I guess I should also give mencoder some extra
> argument?

There is a patch for VDR, called mplayer, and also the aio (all in one).

Works fine for, but i think i have buffer under/overuns, sometimes its
slow and the picture/sound dont work for some millisecounds (ca. 50),
not nice (mplayer pre 5 and DVB 0.93, i dont know which part makes trouble..)

Works this fine for somebody here ? which version of mplayer/dvb do you use ?

regards, joern