[Mplayer-dvb] another speed idea

Knuts Andy akke at akke.net
Fri Sep 28 12:50:47 CEST 2001

Hi again:)

Okay, i'll wait ;-))

I just took a closer look to ffmpeg and i'm sorry to say this but i'm
gonna watch my first divx on my dvb using ffmpeg instead of mplayer today
.. by converting the divx into mpeg using this commandline for example:

ffmpeg -i file.avi -r 25 -b 100000 -s 352x288 -sameq file.mpg

It does the conversion nearly as fast as mplayer tries to play them in
realtime. (checked that by playing the mpeg and running ffmpeg at the same
time, got nearly same result as with mplayer, except that mplayer got the
usual black borders at top and bottom wicht for some reason were gone
using ffmpeg and image looked good ..)

Also audio is working as ffmpeg re-encodes the thing in mp2 format ..

But i'm still looking forward for mplayer speed improvements and audio
support .. i like :mplayer a lot better:)

Thx,
Akke