[Mplayer-dvb] Multicast TS display?

Thor Eivind Cappelen Brantzeg thor.eivind.brantzeg at enit.no
Tue Sep 25 09:02:54 CEST 2001

Hey guys, i dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but i have been following the Mplayer stuff lately and at work we have both a Tandberg TT7716 DVB-IP streamer and a Optibase MGW3100 DVB-IP streamer. They are both sending out TS over some spesific multicast ip addresses on our network. Is it possible to use Mplayer og DVB player to join a spesific multicast group, recieve the TS stream and decode it in software and display it? The Mpeg2 TV channels are 4,5 - 7,1 mbit.

best regards teb

Thor Eivind Cappelen Brantzeg
Senior Technical Consultant
Enit Sør A/S