[Mplayer-dvb] Subtitles & audio

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Sep 23 19:26:08 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Well, i want dvb audio support for just 1 reason which is that my pIII
> > 633mhz is not fast enough to play the divx in realtime on the dvb-s
> > card. So i want to be able to write the PES file to harddisk and then,
> > when done, watch it on dvb card, but then the audio needs to be in the PES
> > file too if you get what i'm trying to say :p
> I think so !
>
> But i guess the offline produced PES file will be quite large !? Several GB
> for a 650 MB DivX !?
Yes. At least my transcoder is optimized for speed&quality, output size/rate
doesn't matter, it can be anything up to 24MBit/s...

If you need better quality/ratio, change gop_size from 0 to something big,
10..500. It will reduce speed a bit but produces much smaller output file.

> Maybe you should buy a faster cpu - btw.: Me too, my AMD K6-2  400MHz won't
> do :-/
yes, k6-400 won't be enough, even if we optimize it as possible.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu