[Mplayer-dvb] audio and video out of sync :-(

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 5 04:04:45 CET 2001

Hi,

> Now that I'm waiting for that "-ao mpegpes" option to be implemented, and
> improve the sync-problem, I'd like to ask if you could announce it, once
> that option is available in the CVS-tree of mplayer.

done.
finally i've found the bug, and now it plays fine and sync.

but don't expect too much now. it only supports 48khz yet :(
(i'll integrate the new high-quality resampling code into libao,
and it will work woth -ao mpegpes too).

-ao mpegpes plays using 48khz stereo LPCM packets, with 0.5s preload.
bigger preload caused broken video (internal overflow in card/driver?)
lower preload caused out-of-sync.

btw, i've tried a few 44khz files with it, and it was very interesting.
it played it for ~30 secs without any breaks, but higher pitch.

btw it would be better if the dvb driver supports 44khz lpcm too.

the next step - after samplerate conversion - will be mpeg layer 2
passthrough. it sound simple but needs some coding at mplayer side:
i have to count audio frames to update timers.
i've already wrote some code for it (libmpdemux/mp3_hdr.c) so it
won't be too hard.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu