[Mplayer-dvb] Good news! Big changes...

Tilo Renkl tilo at diredare.de
Tue Dec 18 23:39:19 CET 2001

This REALLY sounds GREAT !!!

I've read the updated manual for DVB and there are many options
available now for rescaling and expanding, but it seems to be a
little bit complicated to me.

Is there the possibility to do a socalled "fullscreen" now ?
What I mean is:

I have lets say a movie with 640x350 with no black bands.
For fullscreen display I have to rescale it to 720x393 and
then add black bands with expand. Because otherwise the ascpect
would be wrong.

If all of your movies are the same size this would be no problem,
but my movies have various sizes, and so every time I play a movie,
the "y-value" has to be calculated to keep correct aspect.

Do I have to do this manual, or is there any way to let mplayer
choose the right value by its own ??

I know it is mathematically no problem to calculate it, but
I am not one of those fucking good coders, and I do not know how
to implement this to a start script for mplayer.

Any help out there ??

Tilo

http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu