AW: [Mplayer-dvb] Divx to PES conversion offline?

J. Mueller iMCA jm.imca at t-online.de
Tue Dec 18 21:53:52 CET 2001

Moin Achim,

you are right, I checked to play an 001.vdr file and:  ups, the same
stuttering sound. My theory about the sound problem has a leackage now. is
there anybody who is able to explain this behaviour or a hint how to play
this mencoded divx-files with mplayer on dvb cards with synced audio and
good sound?

best regards to all

jm

you wrote :
Hi Joerg,

> to stay in sync with the video. I think the transcoding mpeg4 -> mpeg2 is
in
> the moment to slow (also for my p3-1100) so that the audio is slowed down.

but then this phenomena should not occur, when you play vdr-recordings, no
transcoding necessary...
have you tried playing vdr-recordings in your setup yet? same result as
divx?

> PS: What wil we give him on 24. for all his work ? Any ideas ?

no idea, but I would love to contribute anyway, if somebody else knows what
he likes / could use

Ciao,

   AChim