[Mplayer-dvb] Divx to PES conversion offline?

Achim Lange Achim_Lange at t-online.de
Fri Dec 14 01:25:16 CET 2001

Hi A'rpi,

thank you, this worked, well part 1 did.
I hoped, that mplayer would not try to do it in realtime (does it?) when
outputting to a file (it could take all the time it needs).
The resulting grab.mpg replayed with a mplayer-binary with dvb-support gives
me the same result as on the fly decoding/encoding to the card.
The picture looks great, but the sound has, mhh, hard to describe,
fluttering? alienized appearance?
You can understand every word of the audio, it is just hard to stand to
listen to the sound like this.
On a different, much faster machine, the divx-files play flawlessly, so I
guess, it can only be the speed of the processor (700MHz Celeron on a really
old board compared to a new laptop with 1GHz Pentium III).

Do you have a different idea?

Ciao,

    Achim