[Mplayer-dvb] Sound problems

Matthias Queisler webmaster at internettest.de
Sat Dec 8 17:06:58 CET 2001

Hi all,

I just tried to play divx with sound over the dvb nad it works. But
unfortunately the sound is kinda hopping. It's in sync but the sound sounds
quite amusingly. It's like everybody is stammering.

What i tried:

command: mplayer -vo mpegpes -vc ffdivx -ao mpegpes -framedrop (and without
framedrop)

Galaxy Quest:
Resolution: 688 x 288
V-Codec: DivX ;-) (don't know what bitrate)
A-Codec: MP3
Result: it was not so bad just a little bit stammering

Family Guy:
Resolution: 320 x 233
V-Codec: DivX ;-) (don't know what bitrate)
A-Codec: MP3
Result: That was really bad. Only stammering and you can't understand a
word.

Is it because of the framerate. Because I have just seen that Galaxy Quest
has got about 25fps and dilbert about 30fps. Any idea how to solve this?

Matthias