[Mplayer-dvb] A question

Thor Eivind Cappelen Brantzeg tbrantze at stud.hia.no
Mon Dec 3 11:01:27 CET 2001

Hi. I'm new to this list and i have a question.

At work we are doing tests on IP based DVB broadcasters. That is products from Minerva, Optibase and Tandberg that takes clear DVB signals and multicasts the streams out on the LAN over UDP. These streams are mpeg2 transport streams in the same format as normal DVB. Is it possible to use Mplayer to decode a given multicast address? That is is it able to join a given multicast channel and decode the mpeg2 stream therein?

best regards teb