[MPlayer-DOCS] I want to be part of the Spanish translation

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Jan 15 13:19:27 EET 2019

Hi,

> I subscribe to the list because I want to participate in the translation
> (Spanish) of the documentation - website and what are the requirements
> for it.

This might not be as easy as it sounds.

You'd need some experience in troff/groff for the man page and even some
technical knowledge for the help file.

Basically, you fetch an actual source code snapshot from the website
(www.mplayerhq.hu/dload.html) and use DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1 to translate
DOCS/man/es/mplayer.1 for the man page or help/help_mp-en.h to translate
help/help_mp-es.h (the MSGTR_GUI strings may be a good start). All files
are UTF-8 encoded.

Start translating a few lines only and send me the translated file.

Ingo