[MPlayer-DOCS] Fwd: Docs for "-loop"

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:36:15 EEST 2018

Hi all,

I suggest to document the behaviour of the "-loop" option, which
depends on the position relative to the file names on the command line
(http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-December/025375.html).
As far as I'm aware, this quirk is not commonly the case for mplayer
options.

Current documentation:

  -loop <number>
      Loops movie playback <number>  times.   0  means  forever.   Use
      -loop 0 to automatically reconnect to live streaming URLs.

Proposed addition:

      If this option appears before any file name, the complete play list is
      repeated.  If this option appears after some file name, then only this
      file is repeated and the repetition is smooth (not interrupted by, say,
      the output window closing and re-opening).

Thanks!

Armin Rigo