[MPlayer-DOCS] Man page info on "-loop 0" flag for streaming

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 30 23:41:31 EET 2017

On 2017-12-30 at 14:43, Compn wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:51:47 -0500, The Wanderer
> <wanderer at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-05-14 at 09:05, Brett wrote:

>>> Yes that would work. Speaking for myself, if experiencing
>>> problems with streams dropping out I would search for the word
>>> "stream" in the man page, so this would be findable.
>>
>> Five-and-a-half years later, t looks like no such change was ever
>> made. As I agree that this would be worth documenting (although I
>> can see in hindsight why this option would have that effect, it
>> would never have occurred to me to try it for that purpose), I
>> attach a patch to make the suggested change.
>
> you've been around for more than 5 years, do you want commit access?

FSVO "around" - I've been lurking for the past several years, and
reading the lists only sporadically; I haven't really been involved much
(if at all) in longer than that.

I think I had commit access at one point (before a migration), but I
can't remember if I ever used it.

I wouldn't be against having it, but given how relatively inactive I am,
I don't know if it's worth the bother of getting it set up. If there's
little to no bother, however, then - sure, why not?

(Although I don't know what commit rules there may be around here
nowadays; I know once upon a time there were "post it for review first"
requirements, but I'm far enough behind on -dev-eng that I don't know
whether any such thing still exists in practice or what form it takes if
so.)