[MPlayer-DOCS] r34945 - in trunk: gui/ui/gtk/fileselect.c help/help_mp-de.h help/help_mp-en.h

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri May 25 23:07:53 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:23:22AM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Tue, 22 May 2012 20:06:38 +0200:

> >> Here you go.
>
> > I don't think that actually detects that issue.
>
> It does.

Well, at least with some compilers it prints a warning.
It is not an error though and compiler-specific.

> +export CC

I think other scripts take the compiler as a argument.

> +all: help/help_checked $(ALL_PRG-yes)

It's really testing code, I don't think it should be run by
default.
Because otherwise I'll have to point out everything that can
be a potential issue on any imaginable system.
If it's a separate target I'll be happy with something that
will work on most developer's systems.

> +help/help_checked: help/help_mp*.h
> +	help/help_check.sh $?

Which would also mean you could get rid of the
help_checked file and just use a PHONY target.
Actually I guess it wouldn't hurt much to do that
either way.

> +  sed -n "s:^#define \([0-9A-Za-z_]\+\) .*:strcmp(\1, \1);:p" "$h" >> ${CHECK}.c

I admit I have no idea about what :p means or whether it is
required by POSIX sed. strdup might be a tiny bit simpler.

> +  $CC -Werror -c ${CHECK}.c

I think it would be better to use a -o option instead of assuming the
result will be ${CHECK}.o

> +  rm -f ${CHECK}.c ${CHECK}.o

Might be better to do as an exit hook, so even on CTRL+C they will be
removed.