[MPlayer-DOCS] vfw codec not found in mencoder

Hans Emmanuel hansemmanuel at gmail.com
Tue May 8 07:41:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

for some weeks I was trying  fro vp6 encoding with mencoder on
linux.(centos). From forums I believe we can do it using mencoder
vp6vfw.dll  windows dll in linux. I was able to create onepass.mcf . But
when I execute command like

 mencoder   testfile.mp4 -o test2.flv -ovc vfw xvfwopts
codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=onepass.mcf -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 -af
lavcresample=22050 -of lavf -vf yadif,scale=320:240,flip

I am geetiing error like  Couldn't find video filter 'vfw'.

[root at localhost bin]# ./mencoder -ovc help
MEncoder SVN-r34883-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. Doesn't work with filters.
   frameno  - special audio-only file for 3-pass encoding, see DOCS.
   raw      - uncompressed video. Use fourcc option to set format
explicitly.
   lavc     - libavcodec codecs - best quality!

I think vfw encoder not compiled in with mencoder. How can I compile
mencoder with vfw ?? please help

--
*Hans Emmanuel*

*NOthing to FEAR but something to FEEL......*