[MPlayer-DOCS] Spanish translation for Mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 21:46:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 08:51:36PM +0200, Juan A. Javierre wrote:
> I have volunteered for Spanish (es-Es) translation of Mplayer
> documents. Is there any priority for me to start looking into it?.

Probably the man page.
The last properly documented full sync was r13484 in 2004,
with some updates in 2007 (but they were not documented
whether they are a full sync to the English version,
and which version if any).
That long time interval might mean you might better compare
all of it to the English version instead of just looking through
the diffs since the last sync as it is usually done.
I wouldn't consider the other documentation so much
a priority since the English version tends to be quite outdated,
translating something that isn't up-to-date itself is
not that useful (of course if you want to combine these,
translating while checking if the English version is
still up-to-date that is of course very, very welcome,
but better to start with more realistic goals maybe...).

Kind regards,
Reimar Döffinger