[MPlayer-DOCS] Improvement to README for 64 bit essentials

Wolfgang Knauf his-metality at freenet.de
Wed Oct 22 22:26:26 CEST 2008

I will try to make my point clearer:

The 32 bit essentials package contains the full set of files (e.g.
"drvc.so"), while the 64 bit contains only those libraries, which are
compiled in 64 bit (again "drvc.so" and a few others). So, it seems that
on a 64 bit machine, you have to first extract the 32 bit binaries, and
replace SOME files with the 64 bit versions.

I was silly enough not to see the 64 bit plugins, and compiled a 32 bit
mplayer to playback a Real video. Afterwards, Reimar pointed me to the
64 bit plugins. I think a hint in the README would have prevented me
from being so blind ;-)

Best regards

Wolfgang

PS: Hope I did not top-post again (I just reply in Thunderbird)