[MPlayer-DOCS] [homepage]: r3307 - trunk/src/dload.en

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Nov 16 13:38:05 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:08:53PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:15:07PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:07:49PM +0100, reimar wrote:
> > > Log:
> > > Clearly mark our outdated binary packages as such.
> >
> > I hope there is no problem with committing this directly, it just seemed
> > very high time to me that this gets clarified and I figured if I don't
> > do it right away it probably would never be done.
>
> The real fix for the problem is making a release of course...

No. A real fix would mean making a release + binary build at least every
too months. I wouldn't mind that but I think believing in Santa Claus
is a more efficient strategy than hoping for that.
We could completely give up that whole binaries thing and just
link to someone else's download page though (which basically
we are already doing, just in a very convoluted way).

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger