[MPlayer-DOCS] mplayer man page does not format

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:37:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 5/28/08, eponymous alias <eponymousalias at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I get this when I try to look at the mplayer man page, in the 1.0rc2 release:

Please retry with the the SVN version of the manpage.

>  % man -M /opt/local/share/man mplayer
>  Reformatting page.  Please Wait...nroff: Out of temp file space; line 4305,
>  file /opt/local/share/man/man1/mplayer.1
>   done
>
>  This is under OpenSolaris.  It's not a matter of having too little space in
>  /tmp
>  or anything like that; the machine has a few GB there.  groff is not in
>  evidence
>  on this machine, if there is some dependency on that version of the formatter.

I'm not sure what you mean by "in evidence".
All I can say is that here on a Debian 4.0, my version of groff has no
problem with the SVN version of the manpage:

groff --version
GNU groff version 1.18.1
GNU groff comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of groff and its subprograms
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

called subprograms:

GNU troff (groff) version 1.18.1
GNU grops (groff) version 1.18.1

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he
bounces when he hits bottom.
 -- George S. Patton