[MPlayer-DOCS] r28166 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 23:33:56 CET 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 04:32:08PM -0500, compn wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:18:32 +0100 (CET), gpoirier wrote:
>> >+.IPs shared_buffer
>> >+Write output to a shared memory buffer instead of displaying it and
>> >+try to open an existing NSConnection for communication with a GUI.
>>
>> is this faster/slower? aka what will this do for the user?
>
> That is what I first misunderstood, too. IMO feel free to clarify this,
> that option is not supposed to be used by users, IMO it is just a way to
> do what -wid is used for everywhere else.

BTW, I'd be more than happy if vo_macosx could be fixed to comply to
the behavior of other VOs. This doc patch is only meant to document a
feature that has been around for months and hidden to joe-six-pack
users.

Only a very small fraction of our DNA does anything; the rest is all
comments and ifdefs.

Douglas MacArthur  - "We are not retreating - we are advancing in
another direction."