[MPlayer-DOCS] Fwd: [MPlayer-users] Proposed MPlayer MinGW howto Update (Needs review)

Vladimir Voroshilov voroshil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:06:46 CET 2007

Here are small comments.
I didn't read the text carefully line-by-line, though.

2007/11/29, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm forwarding this mail from mplayer-users to here, as it's more
> appropriate there.
> To the best of my knowledge, only root can update
> MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt, so I hope you can take care of this Diego...
>
> Guillaume

dx7headers are still necessary for "-vo directx".
Did i miss something?

>  [...]
>
> SVN can be obtained from
> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html
> The precompiled binaries are sorted by platform. Download the Windows
> version and unpack them to place them in your %PATH% (eg C:\WINDOWS).

Personally, i don't prefer unpacking anything
into C:\WINDOWS (or any other system folder)

> [...]
> ------------------------------
> 3.7 Installing pthreads
> ------------------------------
> Requirements:            None
> Used by:                 x264
> Download:                ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/
> Rarball:                 pthreads-w32-2-8-0-release.tar.gz
> Size:                    331,327 bytes
> Release Date:            22-Dec-2006
> Installed library:
> License:                 LGPL
>
> [..]

teletext for win32 (commited after rc2 release, though) requires libthreads too.

--
Regards,
Vladimir Voroshilov     mailto:voroshil at gmail.com
JID: voroshil at gmail.com, voroshil at jabber.ru