[MPlayer-DOCS] info.html: GPLv2 or later?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Nov 29 02:02:42 CET 2007

Greetings -- my apologies if this is the wrong list.  (It isn't a usage
or compilation question, at least.)  It's about the web page
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/info.html, and its statement

    MPlayer is available under the GNU General Public License version 2.

However, the documentation page
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
says that any later version of the GPL is also allowed:

    MPlayer is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    (at your option) any later version.

I did not check every one of the 1100+ source files, but I did check a
bunch of them, and they also said GPLv2 or later, not GPLv2-only
(happily, from my perspective).

So, assuming it really is GPLv2 or later, could info.html be updated to
match?

Thanks for your time, and the free software.
karl at freefriends.org