[MPlayer-DOCS] r25315 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Dec 21 12:31:15 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 06:11:52PM +0100, Paul TT wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:37:42 +0100
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 05:09:12PM +0100, Paul TT wrote:

> > > is there a reason, for the line above not become:
> > >
> > > font native hinter
> > >
> > > without caps and dot?
> > > ?
> >
> > No.  Next time do not hesitate to fix such things directly.
>
> ok
> i esitated because sometimes the stuff about "dots or no dots at end of
> phrase" drives me crazy and i'm not sure what to do...
> :)

If you know what a verb is you should know what to do.  A complete
sentence comes with a verb and a subject.  It should start with a capital
letter and end in a period.

  font native hinter

No verb is present so no complete sentence, so no capital and no period.

  Apply font native hinter.

"Apply" is the verb, "font native hinter" the subject, so capitalize and
end in a period.