[MPlayer-DOCS] how can I begin

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Apr 9 17:54:40 CEST 2007

> hello:
> I am new here.
> When I surf the homepage of MPlayer and see the Chinese version of user
> manual is out of dated. And I'd like to contribute to the
> translation into Chinese, but don't know where to begin.
> Can anyone tell me how?

Vladimir already pointed out the documents that should you get started.
Just let me point out that the message strings and man page should go
first. Luckily, these don't have to be translated from scratch. You'll
find the revision numbers (and some comments) in the heads of
help_mp-cn*.h and man/zh/mplayer.1 of the last version in sync. Doing a
diff from there against the latest English versions will show you what
parts of the files need updates.

Please also subscribe so mplayer-translations mailing list if you haven't
done already and ask questions or post patches there.

Last note: You might consider contacting previous translators for help,
you'll find their email addresses in the already translated files.
Especially Sheldon Jin was quite active for some time.

Sebastian