[MPlayer-DOCS] r19973 - in trunk/DOCS/xml/en: documentation.xml users-vs-dev.xml

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Sep 25 09:39:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 02:31:01AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 07:48:12PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > This was discussed only briefly and there was strong objection. Please
> > > STOP doing things like this!
> >
> > It was discussed with you, Ivan, Reimar and Roberto.  Only you
> > disagreed with me.  This is clearly not strong objection.
>
> It was discussed individually with each of us, then you went and made
> a decision without any _public_ discussion. As for Reimar's post in
> this thread, he explicitly said you discussed it in #mplayerpriv,
> which shows an obvious attempt to keep it out of public view!!

I've picked out a few longtimers to discuss it with as I happened to
stumble across them.  After Reimar, Roberto and Ivan had no objections I
figured it was a big enough opinion sample, 4:1 is quite a clear
majority and I happen to be the documentation maintainer.

Plus, the whole section is outdated and needs to be overhauled.  I have
no interest in spending time on this, I prefer to rip it out.  But even
you who would prefer to keep it will not undertake this effort...