[MPlayer-DOCS] r19751 - in trunk/DOCS: man/en/mplayer.1 xml/en/cd-dvd.xml xml/en/faq.xml

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 8 17:30:10 CEST 2006

Supplementary and/or in addition to Diego's comments:

gpoirier wrote:

>  <qandaentry>
>  <question><para>
> +I can't watch any recent DVDs from Sony Pictures/BMG?
> +</para></question>

This isn't a question, it's a statement, so it shouldn't have a question
mark. If you'd rather phrase it as a question, it could simply be "Why
can't I watch", et cetera (in which case the following answer would have
to be rephrased somewhat to include a "Because" or the like).

> +<answer><para>
> +It's normal, you've ripped off and sold an intentionally defective disk.

I'd prefer "This is normal" or the like; it would also be a good idea to
split the sentence there, either with a semicolon or a period (or, in
this instance, perhaps even an emdash).

> +The only way to play these DVDs is to circumvent the bad blocs of the disk
> +by using DVDnav instead of mpdvdkit2.
> +You can do so by replacing dvd:// by dvdnav:// on the command line.

I would say something like "compiling MPlayer with DVDnav support and
then replacing", et cetera.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.