[MPlayer-DOCS] Suggestions for documentation improvements

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 22:52:09 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 07:47:24AM -0700, Axel Boldt wrote:
>>
>> * the README.txt in
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/windows-essential-20060611.zip
>> is mainly directed at Windows users and should therefore mention where
>> to put the codecs on a standard Windows installation of mplayer.

>Where do they go anyway?

In the standard installation in the folder C:\Program Files\mplayer\codecs

>> * The man page should explain the difference between "mplayer -loop 0
>> file.mpg" and "mplayer file.mpg -loop 0", the latter being vastly more
>> useful.

>To be honest, I forget the difference myself.

The first version restarts mplayer, forgetting settings such as screen
size, window position and volume between repetitions. The second
version repeats the file in the same window and keeps all settings.
If you have several files, then the first version will play all
of them, and then play them again, while the second version will
play all of them and then keep playing the last one (unless you
put the files in parentheses).

>P.S.: Please teach your mailer to break overly long lines.

Other people have tried... I only say Yahoo Mail.

Cheers,
  Axel