[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] converting documentation to UTF-8

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Mon Oct 30 17:54:03 CET 2006

> Hello,
> [...]
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:41:39PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
>> contributors. Since there are some vim users out there besides me, it
>> might be considerable to add vim flags to the files so
>> thatfileencoding settings are automatically set (although it works
>> fine for me without them).I have no idea though if it might cause
>> trouble when viewing the docs for
>
> I'm not against adding vim flags, but it might be more helpful to
> document a bit how to configure vim right for utf8-editing, I think
> support for vim-flags is quite often deactivated by default because of
> vulnerabilities in the past (and it is the kind of feature that always
> gives me an uncomfortable feeling)...

Hm, good point. I wasn't aware of these things and I'm not really sure now
if vim would use these flags on my system (as mentioned before, I don't
need them anyway). Also, there's no need to jump the gun with it. Anyone
else in favor/against vim (or also emacs) flags?Let's get done with the conversions first. After that, I could add a few
lines in translations.txt about :set fileencoding and termencoding(?); at
least these were the only enc. commands I ever needed.

Sebastian