[MPlayer-DOCS] r20279 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 12:56:49 CEST 2006

Paul TT wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:03:38 -0400 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> kraymer wrote:
>>
>>>  You can also write file-specific configuration files.
>>>  If you wish to have a configuration file for a file called
>>>  'movie.avi', create a file named 'movie.avi.conf' with the
>>>  file-specific options in it and put it in
>>> -~/.mplayer/ or in the same directory as the file.
>>> +~/.mplayer/.
>>> +You can put the configuration file in the same directory as the
>>> file too.
>>
>> Ending a sentence with "too" like this doesn't really work very
>> well - and I'm at least 90% certain that it's actually incorrect.
>
> indeed correct it is; anyway, the wording proposed by you clearer i
> think it is ;-))))
> AFAIK the correct way to use too, should be eith a comma:
> blablablabla, too.

I think that's still incorrect, but I don't have an example of a correct
usage ready to hand. I have a vague impression that that may be because
a truly correct usage would look somewhat archaic - or else have a
different meaning, something along the lines of "I too feel this way".

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.