[MPlayer-DOCS] r20279 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 13:44:48 CEST 2006

mail at kraymer.de wrote:

>> It might also be better to combine the two sentences - something
>> like "You can also put the configuration file in the same directory
>> as the file to be played, as long as you give the
>> \-use-filedir-conf option. (either on the command line or in your
>> config file)".
>
> Thanks for the hint. Actually I liked your proposal so much, I
> commited it :) (only added the word "global" to the last line to
> clarify things).

A needed clarification - I wasn't thinking quite clearly enough when I
wrote that.

Strictly speaking I think that the "global" MPlayer config file is
/etc/mplayer.conf (or something like that), overridden by the
user-specific ~/.mplayer/config if it exists. I don't know what the term
for the latter file would be in a context like this, and I'll admit that
most people probably don't know that the global configuration file is
even supported, but strictly speaking the term "global" in this context
is incorrect.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.