[MPlayer-DOCS] r20279 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 13:03:38 CEST 2006

kraymer wrote:

>  You can also write file-specific configuration files.
>  If you wish to have a configuration file for a file called 'movie.avi', create a file
>  named 'movie.avi.conf' with the file-specific options in it and put it in
> -~/.mplayer/ or in the same directory as the file.
> +~/.mplayer/.
> +You can put the configuration file in the same directory as the file too.

Ending a sentence with "too" like this doesn't really work very well -
and I'm at least 90% certain that it's actually incorrect. Things which
might work include "You can also put the" etc., "Alternatively, you can
put" etc., and at least one thing I'm not managing to phrase at the
moment involving the word "instead".

> +To actually make use of this however, you need the \-use-filedir-conf option.

In contexts like this, the word "however" needs two commas - one on each
side.

It might also be better to combine the two sentences - something like
"You can also put the configuration file in the same directory as the
file to be played, as long as you give the \-use-filedir-conf option.
(either on the command line or in your config file)".

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.