[MPlayer-DOCS] grey vs. gray

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Thu Oct 12 18:38:32 CEST 2006

Hey,

because of a user question in #mplayer IRC I noticed that wording of
greyscale options is not consistent. In fact I didn't find lavc's option
"gray" since I was using american spelling (thanks to Rathann for hinting
to british spelling).
Basically xvid uses "greyscale" while ffmpeg uses "gray". The man page is
long enough and users looking for greyscale encoding will probably only
find either xvid's or lavc's option. Assuming that american spelling is
more popular, it's more likely that lavc will be overlooked.
Although ffmpeg sources would have to be changed to make that consistent,
I think it really would make sense.
Opinions about that?

I'm willing to help out if I can (meaning: never touched ffmpeg sources).

Sebastian