[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS-compatible mode for SVN? / Major annoyance with SVN revision numbers

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:04:05 CEST 2006

Hi there,
I've received 2 mails from ppl who want to contribute to the
translation effort for the French doc.
While I was trying to explain the revision tag thingie, I came to
realize that at least half of the existing files still have the old
CVS-style "synced with 1.xx" sync tag, which is quite useless now that
we have SVN....

My question is: is it possible to somehow get SVN to
"emulate"/"Understand" CVS file revision numbers to say, get the diff
between "old version 1.102 of faq.xml and today's"....

If the newcomers can't do this, I fear that they won't stick around....

With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!
Vive la France!