[MPlayer-DOCS] r21228 - trunk/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 01:53:48 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/25/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> gpoirier wrote:
>

> >  Lower values help preserving fine details and film grain (typically useful
> >  for high bitrate/quality encode), while higher values will help filter out
> > -these details to save bits that can be spent again on other macro-blocs
> > +these details to save bits that can be spent again on other macroblocs
>
> Typo in the fix: "macroblocks".
>
> Also, an inconsistency - "lower values help preserving" (gerund),
> "higher values help filter out" (what I think is called the plain form).
> It happens that I don't like "preserving" here in any case; either "to
> preserve" or, at minimum, "for preserving" would be better.

All hopefully fixed. Thanks

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations
down to a town meeting or a vestry.
 -- Thomas Jefferson
(when interviewed about MPlayer ML flamewars)
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157207.html