[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] converting documentation to UTF-8

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 10 16:22:55 CET 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 05:14:29PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> [...]

OK, we have taken the first step, now comes the next.

I propose switching the output of the HTML conversion of the XML
documentation to be UTF-8, see my attached patch.  I believe that modern
browsers don't have trouble with UTF-8 so this change should not be
problematic.

The graphical browsers I tested (Firefox, Opera) have no problems with
it.  Of the text mode browsers lynx, links and elinks were broken, but
w3m was fine (but Rich mentioned that development versions of elinks
can do UTF-8).  Can you people test some other browsers on your setups
please?