[MPlayer-DOCS] some xml docs cleanup please

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jun 17 22:47:48 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 05:36:47PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 03:28:56PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:04:35PM +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Especially since we have a new release now, what's the status with
> > > Marillat's packages? I'm remembering a flame-ish thread some while ago
> > > but I don't know the outcome (if there was any).
> >
> > i neither know the current status, but marillats packages
> > 1. link against undistributable libfaad (claims to be GPL but contains non GPL
> >    clause)
>
> Yes, but does anybody really care?

i dont know, probably many people dont even know about it, and thouse
who do dont understand why theres a problem at all ...

what iam affraid off is if things like this are ignored then more and more
people will add a minor clause to the GPL for their software, and even if
its limited to advertising clauses ... do we want 10 pages of this in
every program due to code from different places being merged?

and to go farther in your direction, why not update internal libfaad to
the lastest version if its so irrelevant?

[...]