[MPlayer-DOCS] codecs.xml and the DivX stuff

Christian Korff christian.korff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:48:22 CEST 2006

I'm currently translating the rest of codecs.xml into German.
And right now I'm working on the small OpenDivX core libarary
compilation guide that's in codecs.xml.
It refers to ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/divx-mf/Makefile
but the divx-mf directory was deleted.
Since Project Mayo is dead this makes sence for me. We've got two
possiblities: Either to edit codecs.xml so that there's no reference
to it or we could remove the whole OpenDivX / Project Mayo stuff out.

I think we should remove the whole OpenDivX/Project Mayo stuff and
update the section about DivX. There's a 6.1.1 release of DivX for
Linux.
http://community.divx.com/labs/viewEntry.php?id=94&cid=1
Maybe we can write something about this. (I didn't tried it yet and I
don't have the time to do so at the moment.)
And while I'm writing about the closed source DivX. I'm not sure if
the old DivX version for Linux is still aviable on divx.com. If it's
still aviable it's very well hidden.
We should check this.

Christian Korff