[MPlayer-DOCS] [homepage] (diego): r2285 - trunk/src

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 11:08:16 CET 2006

syncmail at mplayerhq.hu wrote:

> Author: diego
> Date: Wed Feb 22 10:43:10 2006
> New Revision: 2285
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/src/news-archive.src.en

Bwah! What does it take to get these messages filtered properly, so that
all commit-related threads wind up in their own folder? First filtering
on "homepage SVN:" failed when that "homepage SVN (root):" commit came
through, now there's this which has a noticeably different Subject-line
syntax and doesn't even mention SVN in the Subject at all...

Filtering merely on the From: address (i.e. 'syncmail at mplayerhq.hu') is
not sufficient, because that will miss all other posts in threads
started by commits. Filtering on 'trunk' in the Subject line is not
acceptable, because that carries too much risk of false positives.
Leaving commit-related messages in the same folder as all other messages
from the -docs mailing list is not acceptable, for the same basic reason
that having non-documentation commit-related messages sent to -dev-eng
is not considered acceptable. What exactly is the solution, here?

(The only thing I can think of is to look for ': r', which is also open
to producing false positives in its own way; it would be possible to
write a regular expression which would work reasonably well, but Mozilla
Mail doesn't support filtering via regexp...)

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.