[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage repository --> Subversion

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 15 17:31:25 CET 2006

I got aheed of myself, I thought you converted the actual _code_ cvs. This
is good too though.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:06:02PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:29:02PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:17:44PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > Get your working copy from here:
> >
> > Can I set up 2 repositories like I have now, 'main' and 'dev.main', read
> > only and writable?
>
> I'm sure it's possible, but I'd have to experiment/RTFM myself.  Let us
> know what you find out.

I'm not sure it is possible, because even when you use a writable svn
checkout, you first use an anonymous svn checkout. password and user is
requested upon commit... So basically to make a checkout read only,y ou
just need to never run commit...

> > > Anonymous can read.  In order to write to the repository, send me a
> > > username and a password in private.  Don't send me one of your default
> > > passwords, it goes into a cleartext (but obviously not world-readable)
> > > passwd file.
> >
> > Does the username/password I have already work?
>
> Now it does.
>
> > > Also don't send me trivial passwords, if remembering it
> > > bothers you, don't worry, Subversion remembers it by default
> > > (configurable of course).
> >
> > Could you tell me just the option to acomplish this? I'd like to have a
> > barrior between myself and committing..
>
> Check out ~/.subversion/config

store-passwords = no
cool

> > > Oh, right now some mails are duplicated between -docs and -translations.
> > > This is due to me not figuring out the correct regexp to match
> > >
> > > trunk/src/foo.src.XX
> > >
> > > where XX is not en.  Solutions most welcome, this has proved to be
> > > tricky.
> >
> > trunk/src/foo\.src\.([^e]|.[^n]).*
>
> Excellent, thanks for the idea.  Actually, I think it has to be
>
>   trunk/src/foo\.src\.([^e].|.[^n])
>
> so that it matches exactly two characters XX.

Ah, yes. Mine gives any arbitrary amount of letters... Actually atleast
one.

- ods15