[MPlayer-DOCS] r21624 - in trunk/DOCS/xml: en/codecs.xml en/ports.xml pl/codecs.xml pl/ports.xml

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Dec 15 22:05:00 CET 2006

Hello,
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:55:49PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Friday, 15 December 2006 at 20:35, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > That's a royal PITA for everyone who just wants to get the rpms without
> > adding a whole repository or not even using RPM natively.
> > Unfortunately listing a package together with it dependencies and
> > related packages does not seem a feature of that site, the best to be
> > found is
> > http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repoview/sound-and-video.group.html
>
> It doesn't make sense to link the packages directly. There are too many
> dependencies and too many distributions for that to be feasible.

Well, I am always annoyed when I am looking for some download (e.g. for
the non-internet-connected-pcs) and the download links lead to all kind
of crap but not even remotely to a download!
At the very minimum either adjust or remove the ftp link, I don't think
it makes any sense as it is, if anything it should go somewhere like
ftp://rpm.livna.org/pub/rpm.livna.org/fedora

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger